Pentium 4 vs. Core 2, 3 Games in 3 Minutes and More.
What's new in Episode 216
• Our Viewer Tech Pic of the Week is from Frank. He is showing off his home theater that he and his wife designed and built in their basment.
• Our own East Coast Video Producer and avid photographer, Veanne Cao, has some great tips on what you should look for in a digital camera before you buy.
• Our East Coast Video Producer Veanne Cao had a brain fart after going through about a dozen digital cameras. She meant to say, Casio Exilim S880, not EX-Z1080. Thanks Brett Otte for catching that!
• 3 Games in 3 Minutes is back with its 2008 editions. Brian Intihar, Previews editor for Electronic Gaming Monthly, joins Scott to talk about Burnout: Paradise, Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law and NFLTour.
• We have a viewer question from Robert and he is from Kalamazoo, MI:
• I used to have a Pentium 4 CPU that ran at 3.4GHz. Recently, I finally bought a new laptop that has a Core 2 with a speed of 1.67GHz. What is it that makes the Core 2 better? Is it just the two cores that make up for the loss in speed? Robert from Kalamazoo, MI
• Jason Cross of ExtremeTech.com mentioned that the 2 cores are in part the reason that the Core 2 is faster. However, the main reason is the architecture of the Core 2 that allows more work to be done in a lesser amount of CPU cycles.
• Folding@Home Update: We are holding steady at 13. Once we overtake the 12 spot, it looks like we can shoot up a couple more spots. Just a reminder, if you click on our Folding@Home link we have our interview with Prof. Vijay Pande and instructions on how to configure the Folding@Home client on your machine of choice.
• Next week we have a tip from Garnett Lee. He will be Showing off Google Reader's Share functionality. We also test the toughness of Blu-Ray Discs.
• We missed something in our show notes from last week. Gregg in Michigan, wrote in to let us know that we forgot to add in Garnett's $900 PC recco that will handle Crysis: The Crysis PC for $900 as mentioned by Garnett Lee wasn't linked in the show notes. Well Gregg, it is now. Thanks for the heads up!
• Got a Question? A tip? A product you're curious about Email us at email@example.com